Friday, July 07, 2017

I have a rare weekend to myself.  There are three kids now so this rarely happens.  I'm sitting at home in my house feeling somewhat ill (sore throat that won't go away).

I was rewatching a few episodes of The Office, which is like comfort food in TV form.  There was this amazing quote on the last episode..

"I wish there was some way to know that you are in the good ole days when you are there and can actually take advantage..."  Andy Bernard

I am definitely in the good ole days right now.  Life is so sweet.  Coming in the door in the afternoon is a joyful circus, I absolutely love it.

So much has changed in my life over the past 10 years.  Wife, kids, job, house.

I miss them tonight, miss the sound of other people in the house.  Being a single 20 something is ultimate freedom.  You can do whatever you want whenever you want, and yet it feels like a prison.  I remember calling my apartment a black hole where I would disappear into.  When you are by yourself you are constrained by the solitary of your imagination.




No comments: